- The conference will begin with a poolside reception and buffet dinner at the Marriott Hotel at 7pm on Sunday evening, August 12th. A continental breakfast will be served daily at 7:30-9:00 am in the foyer outside the Grand Ballroom (except Thursday when we start 1/2 hour later).
- The conference will end with an outdoor banquet at 7 pm in the UCR Botanic Garden on Thusday evening, August 16th ($65 prepaid at time of online registration). Bus transportation to the UCR Botanic Gardens from the Marriott will be provided at 6:30 pm.
- The CLOSING DATE for ABSTRACTS has been extended to JULY 19th.
- The CLOSING DATE for Marriott HOTEL reservations at the conference rate is July 27th
- The CLOSING DATE for REGISTRATION has been extended to AUGUST 1st.
- The POSTER BOARD SIZE wil be 90 cm high x 120 cm wide (36 x 48 inches). Half the posters will be up all day Monday, the other half all day Tuesday.
- Oral presentations must be in PowerPoint format. You may bring your own computer or use a PC-compatible flash drive/memory stick. Mac users: Please bring your own computer.
- Weather in mid-August is sunny and hot. Daytime temperatures are typically in the range 70 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit i.e. 21 to 38 degrees Celsius. Rain is very unlikely. Swimming is recommended.
- Adjacent Conferences
- National ACS Meeting, Boston, August 19-23.
- Tenth International Conference on Sulfur and Selenium, Lodz, June 23-27.
- Area Map. Outdoor free parking is available in the City parking lot adjacent to the Marriott parking structure. Covered parking in the Marriott parking structure is $7 per day.
- Air Travel. It is most convenient to fly into Ontario International Airport (ONT) - only a 25 minute drive courtesy of the hotel shuttle service. Alternatively, Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is a 75 minute drive during light traffic periods ( e.g. weekends and mid-morning weekdays). Beware, it may take 2-3 hours to drive to LAX from Riverside during peak hour traffic periods (6:00-9:30am, 2:00-7:00pm weekdays).
- For courtesy Marriott Hotel van pick-up from Ontario Airport, please email your name, ICHAC conference affiliation, airline, flight number, arrival date and time to Meleody Ortega at firstname.lastname@example.org now (or at least 3 days prior to arrival). The van is white with red lettering and will pick you up curbside after you have claimed your baggage. Make sure it is the Marriot Riverside van not the Marriott Ontario (they look the same). If you get stranded, telephone the Marriott Riverside at (951)784 8000 and tell them you are with the UCR/ICHAC conference.
If you arrive at Los Angeles Airport (LAX), and need a van shuttle ride to Riverside, proceed from baggage claim to the street. Look for the orange sign "Shared Van Rides" on the outer curb waiting zone. Two companys, Supershuttle and Prime Time, offer service to Riverside. The "exclusive" ride (no stops) is approx $135 (plus 15% tip is expected). This is preferred if you have a small group of travellers (or you can afford it on your own). Alternatively, you can pay approx $70 (then $10 per additional persons in your party) but you may have share the ride with others who may have different destinations. This may take extra time, which might be annoying if you are very tired and jet-lagged after a long flight.
- Previous ICHAC Conferences
- ICHAC-7 Shanghai, China (2004)
- ICHAC-6 Lodz, Poland (2001)
- ICHAC-5 London, Ontario, Canada (1998)
- ICHAC-4 Seoul, Korea (1995)
- ICHAC-3 Riccione, Italy (1992)
- ICHAC-2 Albany NY, USA (1989)
- ICHAC-1 Kobe, Japan (1987)